06 December 2014

Making it With Pendleton Wool

A few weeks ago I posted this image on Instagram...


But then because I was dealing with a junky temporary phone while waiting for my insurance to replace the phone I killed on Halloween, I forgot to post what I actually made.

Sidenote: Don't drop your phone screen down onto a rocky driveway! The worst part about it was I couldn't even share pictures of my adorable flower and her farmer heading out for trick or treating!!

But I can now! Aren't they cute?


Anyway, I participated in our regional Make It With Wool competition again this year and decided to sew something.


I watched Prudent Baby's cape tutorial video then started cutting into my precious wool.


I decided to edge it with some Pendleton selvedge that my LYS friend gave me the last time we were up in Dubois. Then I pulled out my Albama Chanin handsewing book to find a good embroidery stitch to add a little more flair.

Because I am not confident in my garment making I hand sewed the seams. Though I did make french seams for a neater look inside.

Except for the seam stitching the whole garment (accessory?) is 100% wool. Even the yarn I used to embroider the selvedge is wool that I had naturally dyed in avocado pits earlier this year.

We didn't win this year, but it sure was fun to make. And as you can see, Ruby kinda likes it too!


Thanks for visiting!

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Saw the cape on IG, it is beautiful. Love the little bare feet :-)!