26 November 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

So, yesterday was the first time I had ever made a full holiday meal. I've made dishes for potluck holidays and I help my mom with a couple of the dishes when I'm in California for the holidays. But I've never had to plan the entire meal and figure out the timing on everything before.

It was a surprisingly successful meal!
A light lunch

The spread
I know it's difficult to see everything, but here's the line up: Turkey, green bean casserole, sausage and cranberry stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, and...

Blush apple pie!
Replace 1/2 the sugar with cinnamon imps candy. Yum! Yum!
I even made the crust too. I was a bit nervous about it, but it turned out really tasty.

It was a very nice day with Jake, his dad (Jack), and the assistants.

Lotte and Cord
Festus and Lady (Jack's dog) were in the basement during this photo op.

No comments: