03 November 2011

New Linky Party & Birthday Celebration!!

You may (or may not) have noticed that I haven't done a Fave 5 Friday in several weeks now. I've discovered that I often forget what day it is & don't realize it's Friday until mid-day. You'd think that would mess with my work schedule, but it really doesn't.

Because of this "problem" of mine I've decided to change things up slightly. You will now have all weekend to link up and there will be a theme. I went back and forth about adding a theme many times, but I finally decided that it would be fun. I hope you're with me on that!

So here are the new rules:


For The Love Of...


(1) Grab a button from the right sidebar there.

(2) Carry your camera everywhere. Take photos of everything! I often forget to pull my camera out, but we'll try to remember together.

(3) Post 3-5 pictures, current ones are preferred, but sometimes you'll have to use archived photos for certain themes. Please mention this linky party and link back to my blog in your post.

(4) Link back up here before midnight Sunday (Mountain Time).

(5) I will post the next week's theme in advance so you'll know what to get pictures of.




Being that this is the first linky party of For The Love Of... I thought I'd make it an easy one.

HOME!

Interpret that however you want; pictures of where you live, family celebrations, anything that means home to you.

Here's mine:

This guy is my home. Wherever he goes, whatever adventures he takes me on, I'm home!


I love living on the prairie. Mother Nature provides amazing scenes!


Yesterday, after Tuesday's snow storm.




And for more fun... my birthday is Saturday! I'm pretty excited about it so I thought I'd share some goodies with one of my awesome readers. One person will receive a drawstring bag similar to the one below filled with other handmade treasures. All you have to do is link up for the first For The Love Of... linky party. A random number generator will do the rest.



The linky & giveaway are open until Sunday, November 6th at midnight.

If you have any questions or problems linking up just leave a comment & I'll do my best to help you out.

Next week's theme: Animals!




10 comments:

Selina Marie said...

I HAVE noticed you haven't done fave 5! I was going to ask, but I saw you post on Twitter about why you weren't doing it. This new one will be fun!!! I like the idea of themes and having the whole weekend to post. And happy birthday to you my dear! I made your macbook cover and it will be on it's way to you tomorrow =)

Little Creatable said...

I am so up for themes and a full weekend to post :D Count me in :D

Kristina said...

I'm in! Great idea. And this is my first linky party... so fun!

Happy birthday too - hope the snow makes it a cozy one!

Wandering Threads said...

Perfect timing, this theme is, since I just got back from Jersey! Happy Birthday too!!

Anonymous said...

Um ok so how terrible is it that I didn't know you had a blog!! Pretty terrible right?!
I think it must be because you were one of my first followers and I probably had my head in the clouds back then. Anyway have remedied situation :)
Happy Birthday babe! Hope you have a great day & manage to stay warm :)
xx

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Happy Birthday to you!
: )
~Monika

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Hi again! I linked up, but that was hard! lol I am used to inlinks. I found this form difficult for some reason. I'm sure it'll be easier next time. I did also add your button to my blog. I never add people's buttons! This one seems very creative though. I really like it. ; )
Thanks for the inspirations!
~Monika

Jeanne Gwin said...

I am not sure how to link back to you. Tell me how so I can finish. And by the way sweetie pea, happy birthday to you!!! Tuesday is mine. We are almost twins (imagine that will ya)!! Hugs and kisses

Jeanne Gwin said...

I figured it out but will you delete picture #6 please. Thanks

Hugs, J

Jacey said...

Ugh, I'm sorry I missed out on the first round! As you know, it was a crazy week for me, but I'll definitely be in for next round. Especially because it involves animals!