02 December 2011

For the Love of...Crafting

For The Love Of...

I've been crafty/creative all my life. As a kid I lived in my own little world. I drew, cut, glued, sparkled, whatever needed to be done. And I made up gymnastics and dance routines constantly. In my teens & early 20s crafting wasn't "cool" at least not in the circles that I ran with, so I became idle. But in the past few years I've embraced my uncool & started creating again. Here are some of the hobbies I have been doing lately.

Bead & wire jewelry

I even made the necklace I wore at our wedding. The brooch was my "something old," my grandmother's old butterfly pin.


I also like to braid. These are some reins I built a few years ago.


I braided this chain to create a thicker chain necklace.


And now that I sew I've started adding braided fabrics to my creations as well. Here's another example of my fabric braiding.


I also occasionally tie mohair cinches.


Often I'll create my own designs...


...but other times I'll leave the designing to the experts.

I also do counted cross stitch, which I learned as a young child, and I just recently learned how to crochet and knit (Thanks again, Amy & Jacey!!) I also realized that I have zero pictures of my cross stitches. I will have to remedy that one of these days. Especially because the one I'm working on for my dad is the coolest. A cross stitch for a man?! Yes, you'll understand when you see it. ;)

My first completed knitting project: Honey cowl

I know this was supposed to be last week's For the Love of..., but the weekend completely slipped away from me and I didn't even realize it until Sunday! Whoops! So here is the linky (below) for this week's installment of For the Love of...Crafting.

Grab a button from the right sidebar, create a post about your craftiness, and come back to link up. The link will be open until Sunday, December 11 at midnight (Mountain Time).

Next week's theme: Traditions



2 comments:

Little Creatable said...

I'm glad you didn't do it last week. I really wanted to link up but I didn't have any pictures :D I do this week :D

Christine L said...

Thanks for the topic this week..Took me down memory lane a bit. :) Have a great week!