I would like to share what has been showing up in my mailbox and offer a giveaway of my own.
1) As I've mentioned before, I am a member of SwapBot which is a fun swapping website. I am a member of a group called Nuts For Sewing and they do a monthly Winner Take All drawing for fat quarters. Each person that wants to participate leaves a comment and at the end of the month the host draws a name and everyone else sends the winner a fat quarter of some fun fabric. I was the February winner! This is what has shown up so far...
Fabulous FQs from SwapBot buddies. Thanks all!
2) I finally jumped on the Twitter bandwagon. There's a great quilty chat on Tuesday evenings called Talkin' Tuesday (#talknt) from 7-9 Mountain Time. Every week there is a different sponsor and tweeters have 2 chances to win. Two weeks ago 1Choice4Quilting was the sponsor and offered up some gorgeous Sunkissed by Sweetwater. I was the lucky winner of 8 half yards!
Gorgeous Sunkissed by Sweetwater. Thanks Shawna!
Isn't it beautiful? The best part is that I had just bought 2 charm packs of Sunkissed and a coordinating solid to make a small quilt. Now with these added 4 yds I can make a larger quilt.
3) The next day I got a notice from A Farmish Kind of Life that I had won this fun little book with easy rules for healthy eating. It's a quick read with gems like "Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food." And "Don't eat breakfast cereals that change the color of the milk."
Michael Pollan's "Food Rules." Thanks Amy!
4) Saturday, March 19th was National Quilting Day. I went into work to help with all the fabulous sales that she was having at the quilt shop. While there, my boss told me that I needed to put my name in for a drawing for one of the 5 $10 gift certificates that she was giving away. Yesterday she told me that I was one of the winners.
I knew I needed to keep the giveaway gods happy so I put my gift certificate towards a giveaway of my own. And here it is...
One lucky winner will receive this fun little FQ set that I put together.
See that striped fabric? That's from Heather Ross' Lightning Bugs and Other Mysteries (you know, the goldfish collection). I sure wish that my LQS carried other fabrics from this collection, but I was excited just to see this one in person. The orange and blue in this fabric are just beautiful. :) I didn't pay attention to the names of the other fabrics that I picked out, but I can find out when I go into work tomorrow if anyone's interested.
The shop still has 3 or 4 FQ's of this HR fabric left (for a reasonable price), so if you don't end up winning the giveaway but are in need of this fabric for your collection just let me know and we can arrange a swap.
* * * * *
And now for the giveaway rules. Everyone gets up to three chances to win. Leave a separate comment for each of the following.
1) Leave any comment. Tell me your favorite fabric collection, favorite color, how your day is going, anything.
2) Become a follower or tell me if you already are following my blog.
3) Tweet about the giveaway. An example of what to post: "Wanna win some FQs? @aprairiesunrise is having a giveaway. Visit for a chance to win. http://aprairiesunrise.blogspot.com/"
If you are a no-reply blogger or anonymous commenter be sure to leave your email address in your comment. Otherwise I will have no way to contact you if you win and I'll have to draw another winner.
The giveaway will be open until Monday, March 28th at 8PM Mountain Time. The winner will be announced Tuesday, March 29th.
Edit: For a fourth chance to win, either mention the giveaway on your blog or FB. Make sure to leave a comment telling me that you did. :)
Comments are now closed. Thank you for entering. The winner will be announced tomorrow.