09 June 2011

Bee Blocks & Other Business

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. It took me a little while to recuperate from all the family time in May & then my grandfather ended up in the hospital on Memorial Day, after having a stroke. He did make it to his 94th birthday (June 7th), but they took his breathing tube out 2 days later and he passed away in the night.

I didn't get much done while he was in the hospital & since his passing I have been a sewing maniac trying to catch up on a few things!

Here's what I've been working on...

A picnic-y block for mommymae (Fat Stash Bee)

A Drunk Love/Square in Square Block for Elizabeth (String Me Along Bee)

My design wall the other day.

Cathedral Window block for Sara (MSQB)

Any block in pink, orange, & yellow for Johanna (MSQB)

For this block and my 3x6 blocks (below) I decided to use Amy Ellis' Blogger's Block-a-palooza block. Initially it looked like a difficult block, but I loved it so much that I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, I ended up making 8 total with this tutorial. Once all the cutting was done the block came together in no time. If you haven't tried this block yet I highly recommend it.

3x6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee - Beehive 28

Blocks for Misfit Quilters DQS.

Thanks for stopping by! :)


No comments: