29 March 2012

WiP Wednesday: Thursday Edition

All day yesterday I was looking forward to today's WIP Wednesday because I had it in my mind (until about 5 minutes ago) that today is Wednesday, not Thursday. Whoops!

Anyway, so here's what I've been working on the past couple weeks.


Wonky log cabin for the Bliss circle of do. Good Stitches. 1 down, 1 to go.


Quilt in progress


Trilobite from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy D. Johnson

Yesterday I cast this sock on. It's my first toe up sock & my second attempt at the magic loop. I gave up on my first attempt, with a cuff down sock. I hated it! Working from the toe up the magic loop actually makes sense now. I'm loving this pattern so far, but I really need to finish Jake's socks before I get too distracted by this pair. I don't have a more recent photo, but his first sock is nearly finished.


My Tula Pink quilt! Well, the top at least.

Specs:
The Fabric: Flutterby charm pack, various solids, Hushabye butterflies for border. Will be backed with Tula Pink Feathers flannel from Nest & bound with more Flutterby.

The Pattern: A simple 4-patch square in a square of my own design.

The Quilting: I will be attempting this on my home machine. Wish me luck!!

Comments: I wish that I'd had more of the dark brown because I love how the bright colors of Flutterby pops against it. It was a fun, quick quilt top to throw together and I'm sure there will be more like it in my future.


My first real attempt at applique. Sailboats for the Bliss circle of do. Good Stitches.


Sitting outside reflecting on life & enjoying the view.











1 comment:

Jacey said...

You've been busy! I'm glad you are enjoying knitting. I've wanted to spend more time on knitting lately. I cast on for a new project last night, in fact!