18 February 2013

Stash Blaster: Week 7

Well, I don't have any handmade completed projects to share with you this week.  Not because I didn't finish, but because it's a secret until the recipient receives it.  :)

I did make progress on my Scrappy Trip Around the World.  The blocks are ready to be sewn back together and the batting and backing are on their way!  There's also been progress on a knitted baby blanket and another pair of adult socks.


Scrappy Trip-along strips ready to be sewn together


I also made some quick birthday cards for a couple birthdays that snuck up on me.  It was fun to go through my old scrapbooking things to see what I had on hand, and to use up some of those tiny scraps that I just can't ever seem to get rid of.


Birthday cards


Mostly this past week has been dedicated to getting ready for Wiggles' arrival in a few weeks.

Wednesday was my 33 week appointment and our first birthing class.  I'm very happy that Jake was able to get the time off from work to go with me, he got to hear Baby's heartbeat again which is always fun.  Then we (he) drove home in a snowstorm, so I'm extra glad that he went with me!  ;)

We've also been rearranging furniture and cleaning out closets to make room for everything.


Travel system (stroller/car seat) from Jake's cousin


I moved the blankets we'd been storing in this footlocker....


A beautiful old footlocker that Jake's had forever, is becoming a toy box


...into this armoire, which was full of winter outerwear.... (the handknits are staying in the top section)


Something's missing....Any guesses?


...and the winter clothes went into a closet that first had to be decluttered of older clothes we never wear anymore.  Phew!!

We (well mostly Jake) also moved all the furniture in our bedroom to make a nursery corner. Although our house has 3 bedrooms things just worked out better for Baby to sleep with us for now.


Bedroom rearranged, ready for Baby


The dresser will be the changing table and I'm auditioning the Tula Pink fabric as a cover to protect the finish.


Nursery


Diaper basket



So although there wasn't much going on in the handmade department last week, there was plenty of other things to keep us busy!


Me at 33 weeks, freezing in the winter wind


Your turn!  Share your finishes, or almost finishes, from last week by grabbing a Stash Blaster button from the sidebar and linking up below.

2 comments:

badlandsquilts said...

Great picture of you Sharon!

Mandy said...

You are looking so beautiful!
Will slept in our room for a few months at first, too. It's whatever is best for you! :)