25 February 2013

Stash Blaster: Week 8 - The Outhouse Edition



Last summer we had some plumbing troubles for several days and I was VERY thankful for the homestead outhouse.




Although we were still able to do dishes and get drinking water from the tap, the septic had backed up into the shower & tub which made bathing difficult.  So what did I do? Sponge bath on the porch!

I filled up a bucket, took it outside, and thanked God that it was 90 degrees and that we have no neighbors within 2 miles of the house.  :)

Before I did that though I decided that if I did in fact have to take a sponge bath outside I was going to do so as luxuriously as I could with what I had.  So I found a nice fluffy towel and some yummy smelling soap.  I also found a washrag pattern and knitted myself up a new washrag for the occasion.  It was a very quick knit (about an hour) with great texture and was an easy to memorize pattern.




It was actually kind of a fun experience and helped me realize what I can deal with, but I'm glad I don't have to do this on a regular basis.  Especially in the winter time!


So what does this have to do with this week's Stash Blaster?

Well, I have lots of cotton yarn from when I was first learning to knit and with Baby Tuckey's arrival just a few weeks away I thought we could use more hand knit washcloths around the house.  I whipped up these 4 in no time and have another one on the needles now. I'll probably end up making a giant stack of them and use them as gifts since I know of a lot of babies that are arriving this year!




How'd your week go?  What did you get done?  Grab a button from the sidebar and link up your most recent finish(es)!



2 comments:

ScissorsandThread said...

Love the colours in these - and I love the bunting cards in your last post too.

Mandy said...

I love knitting washcloths! They are such great autopilot knitting.

And,,,,, why are moons always on outhouse doors?