14 January 2011

Latest Projects

I'm LOVING my new sewing machine. She's a bit touchy about things sometimes, but that's to be expected since I'm not used to working on a computerized machine. The picture below is my first attempt at free motion quilting (FMQ). Boy was that fun! Obviously, I need work on controlling my stitch length, but I think I did a pretty good job for a first try. I've always been a doodler and quickly realized that FMQ is just doodling. :)

Pot Holder

Mini Quilt for an online swap.
This quilt is on its way to London. I hope it makes it there OK, I've never shipped international before.

Close-up of the tail.

Close-up of his scales.
You can't see it in the pictures, but in the blue floral fabric in the corners I stitched some waves for the fish to swim through.

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Sally said...

Really nice Sharon.