02 January 2011

Another New Year

First, let me say Happy New Year to you.

Thank you for reading my gibberish. :)

I began this blog to journal about my creations (jewelry, sewing, horse gear, etc.) and to help me keep track of my commitments. This year I have big plans for growing my sewing skills. In October I did an awesome bag swap through Sew, Mama, Sew and made a new friend, Bree, whom they paired me up with. We still keep in touch through email quite often and I'm participating in her Amy Butler Sew Along beginning this month. I also joined SwapBot in September and have done a few sewing related swaps. I am in 2 virtual quilting bees through Flickr, which start this month. And yesterday, I decided to participate in the 2011 Bloggers' Block-a-palooza. I'm also opening a shop on Etsy on the 5th. Yes, two days from now. So much to do for that still. Plus, I will be having another giveaway to kick off our grand opening.

I don't really do resolutions for the New Year because they're usually broken so quickly, but this year I want to succeed so I do have a couple achievable goals for 2011.
* Finish unfinished projects- I started this resolution in 2010 and did quite well, but I've started more projects in the past year, so I can continue this goal.
* Try new things- Whether it's a new sewing technique or reading a different genre of book, I resolve to try new things and get out of my comfort zone more often this year.
* Stay connected- I'm not very good at keeping in contact with old friends. It's not an intentional thing, I just forget, especially now that we live in a cell phone-free zone. I can't just shoot off a text to someone. So this year I plan to "just say hi" a little more often.

If you're interested, share a couple of your resolutions and we can help motivate each other to keep them going the whole year!


No comments: