03 October 2011

{Sew} Modern Monday

It's October! Yay! That means I can start decorating for Halloween. :)

(1) My 10 minute table runner that took several weeks. Only because it sat half finished on my shelf while I worked on other projects.

A close-up of the fun fabrics.

I also put up a giant spider web in the window & I have a wall hanging that's ready to be quilted. When I'm at The Sewing Summit this weekend I will be on the lookout for glow-in-the-dark thread.

(2) Remember my Jelly Roll Race quilt top? Well, it too sat on my shelf for weeks (months really). I thought it was going to be a tablecloth, but when I rearranged the dining area & tried it out on the table it was just too busy for my taste. So I changed direction slightly & decided to cut it up and make placemats & oven mitts.

But now I need your help. I don't know how I want to quilt it. I know I don't want to stitch in the ditch. Besides that I have no idea. For an extra incentive to get lots of quilting suggestions I will send a little thank you gift to the person who's suggestion I choose to use. So post those ideas!!

Here are the placemat tops. Fun, huh?

I'm still debating on the backing because I'm not really a fan of yellow, but it goes so well with the top AND I already had it in my stash. 2 will be bound with strips from the black jelly roll & 2 with the off-white.

(3) I made a new camera bag for my point & shoot. It's such an awesome camera and needed a truly awesome pouch to live in. I used some of my Terrain charm pack for the fun and colorful bag.



{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
Be sure to stop by Canoe Ridge Creations if you haven't already to see what everyone else has been up to.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Love the camera case! What about stitching diagonally from two corners? I think that would look nice for the placemats.

Jacqueline said...

What about criss cross through a few of the strips? Or swirlies through a few of the strips in each mat? Or overall swirlies??

Lizze said...

I was going to suggest a criss cross quilting pattern too! That's be very cute!

KD-Quilts said...

What about lots of straight lines with a few diagonal lubes to sort of mimic the top? It looks great!

Susie said...

I don't know what kind of machine you have, but what about a decorative stitch of some sort between the strips?

Selina Marie said...

I think simple 45 degree diagonal lines would look nice on those. The placemats look so great! What an awesome idea!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others (although I might be too late to the party) that diagonal or cross hatch quilting would look fab. I am a bit of a fan of straighline echo-type quilting at the moment (which you probably have noticed) but since there aren't any shapes on this you'd have to start your own pattern. I love the thought of that freedom!