07 January 2013

Stash Blaster Project 1!

Thanks so much to everyone who gave me suggestions on what to name this little stashdown challenge!!  There were some great choices, but "Stash Blaster" from Bree was definitely my favorite.  Thank you for the suggestion Bree!  Your DS notions bag will be in the mail later this week.

I did have a couple people ask if they could participate without a blog.  Sure!!  If you don't have a blog I would suggest opening a Flickr account, if you don't have one already.  That way you can still share your finished projects.  There will be random prizes throughout the year, so you'll definitely want to link up!
I'm trying to create a button for anyone who wants to share on their blog, but between my lack of knowledge of html and the internet going in & out all night I'm over it.  I'll give it another go later this week when I'm fresh.  In the meantime you can see a picture of the button here.  :)

Now onto the fun stuff!

Project 1 of Stash Blasters goes to Baby Tuckey.  A few months ago I found some super lush merino wool at The Prairie Stitcher in Douglas, the town where my doc is.  I chose to make a Sheepy Sack since I intend to cloth diaper (wool makes a great diaper cover from what I hear).  Also, April can still be very cold and snowy here so I'm making sure I have plenty of warm newborn clothes!

This was a very quick knit and was able to finish it in just a few hours.  I was a little worried that I wouldn't have enough yarn, but I worked it from the top down and shorted the bottom ribbing by just a couple rows.  It actually worked out perfectly and looks like it'll be long enough, at least until summer arrives.

Sheepy Sack: Made with Trabajos del Peru by Plymouth Yarn, 100% extra fine merino wool


And here's a little sneak peek of Project 2.  A kitchen mat!  I used a charm pack of Domestic Bliss and a small pack of 2" hexis.  I will be squaring off the edges, adding borders, then quilting.  I have lots of ideas for giving the kitchen a little kick and I thought this would be a fun project to start with!



Now it's your turn!  Link up your Stash Blaster project from the last week.  If you haven't finished yet, don't worry, there's always next week!






1 comment:

Tsoniki said...

Yay I'm glad you are doing this! I look forward to participating when I am unpacked at our new place. :)