I was a little worried since I waited until this week to start it and with Easter being on Sunday I wasn't sure if I'd get it finished or not. Well, I sat down late Wednesday afternoon to start cutting all the pieces and by midnight that same night the dress was complete except for the hem! I had cut the skirt pieces a little long "just in case," but when I tried it on with the hem pinned I realized that it needed to be a bit shorter.
Because of the angle of the photos the dress looks longer than it actually is. With the right hem it hits right at the knee and is perfect where it is. (I'll have Jake take better pictures this weekend.)
I didn't change a thing with from the pattern. I went with the size I measured for, since my bust was on the small end of the scale for that size. I thought about adding a back to the waistband, but since I have kind of a big booty I didn't want to add any extra bulk to the back. I know many other participants didn't like the gathers on the skirt, but I like them because they help hide my tummy a bit.
This was my first zipper (besides the terrible one I struggled through on Jake's insulated bibs, don't ask). I'm not usually a fan of glue and sewing, but I think it did help keep the zipper on straighter as I sewed.
I loved the construction of this dress and the ease of the directions. All the pictures really helped too. I will definitely be making this dress again. You can never have too many summer dresses. :)
And since you can kind of see our bed in the background I thought I'd share the most fabulous quilt ever. Made by Jake's Aunt Leigh, who is the one who taught me how to quilt, as a wedding gift. Thanks a million, Leigh!