24 February 2012

For the Love of...Handwork

For The Love Of...


Sorry to those who've been waiting for the newest installment of For the Love of...

Time has, once again, gotten away from me. Last weekend we went down to Sidney, Nebraska for a visit to Cabela's & a weekend away. It was our Valentine's Day/Jake's birthday celebration & I got so wrapped up in getting ready for the trip that I completely forgot to write the post. Even with Road Home Quilting's reminder tweet (Sorry ladies!)



Several months back I decided to join the Farmer's Wife QAL. I'd been looking for a long term hand sewing project I could pick up & take a break from with no pressure to finish. This was the perfect quilt. And I love all the letters in the book, so inspiring.

So far I've only finished 2 blocks, there are just too many fun projects I want to do, but I recently pulled it back out & have more pieces cut and ready to sew.



I started another sock on our trip. It's the Spring Prairie sock by Yummy Yarn Studio. I've turned that heel and am working on the instep. I love the way colors work through the pattern. The yarn was a Valentine's gift from Kayanna, isn't it beautiful??


A cross stitch I made several years ago.


Cross stitch from my mom. The details are amazing!


Another cross stitch from my mom. See where I got my love of cross stitch from??


A candle holder Jake made for our wedding, he made several for the tables at our reception.


A couple of my grandfather's paintings.


Another of his paintings (top of picture). And our wedding quilt, made by Jake's Aunt Leigh, hiding in the background.


Both our grandfather's made us nameplates when we were young. They have a special place in our house & our hearts.


Thanks for visiting. I'd love to see some of the handwork you have around your house. Write your post, grab a button from the sidebar, then come back and link up. Link will be open until Monday at midnight.

Next week (I promise) we'll share our favorite Accessories. Have a wonderful weekend!




No comments: