06 September 2011

Bee Blocks

Yesterday I showed you several projects that I've been working on this week. Here's a couple more...

String block for Vicky using Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane.
String Me Along bee

This was my first string block. I've seen them before, but had never really been interested in making one. Now that I've had the opportunity to, I love them! It was so easy & seems to display a collection very nicely. :)


Fat Stash bee

She sent Denyse Schmidt's Fairgrounds Modern Texture in yellow for the frame & a bit of Anna Maria Horner's Loulouthi Summer Totem for some of the confetti. It was a fun block to make as well.


Blocks received so far from 3x6 & 4x5 bee. I requested coral & olive. Aren't they gorgeous?!


A few weeks ago I won a couple giveaways. And all the lovelies showed up on the same day last week. It was a great day to open the mailbox!

These cute charms came over from Australia. The lovely Kat sent them.


I love the turtle!


I also won some Tula Pink patterns from Jeanne's Charity Challenge. Be sure to stop by and enter her Aurifil thread giveaway which is going on now.


Also in the mailbox were these beautiful Veranda fat quarters by Amanda Murphy. I won them in a quiz show that Ryan Walsh was hosting on twitter earlier this summer.

I thought it was fate that the everything showed up on the same day. The fat quarters are going to be made into Tula Pink's Kiss Kiss pattern. I was lucky enough to find a coordinating teal blue at work for the background color. I still haven't decided what to do with the charms, but I'm considering modifying the Pancakes pattern for charm squares & making it a fun I Spy quilt. We'll see!

Thanks again for all the fabulous goodies!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice blocks! I think I especially like the string blocks, the fabric is so pretty. Looks like you have all the luck lately, whats your secret?! ;)

Anonymous said...

oooooh I love those Nicey Jane string blocks. And what a nice mail week! I recognise some of those fabrics lol...