23 September 2011

Fave 5 Friday - Autumn Style

Fave 5 Friday


It's Friday! Time to celebrate the week!

Everyone's invited to play along. All you have to do is grab a button (see, over there on the sidebar?), post 5 pictures from the past week or so, and come back and link up to the party. How easy is that?? Please also include a link back here in your post so that your readers can join in if they want.

Today is the Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere. In laymen terms, it's the First Day of Fall!!! Can you tell I'm excited? I love autumn; the colors in the trees, the way the sun lights up the prairie, the cooler weather, the different birds that start showing up. Fall also happens to be when my anniversary & birthdays are, but that's just frosting on the cake.

This year I also happen to be going to the very first Sewing Summit, in October. You may have noticed the button on the left saying "I'm going!" Well now that it's less than 3 weeks away I guess I should start thinking about what I'm taking/making for my trip. :)

And without further ado, here's my celebration of the week...


I overhauled our bedroom this week. It was in desperate need of a vacuuming. 3 dogs create a LOT of fur! I also decided that it needed to be rearranged because the flow of the room just wasn't right. I wish I had gotten before pictures, but I forgot. Basically all I did was swap the dresser & the bed, but that's some big furniture to move by yourself. I also hauled the mattress out to the porch for a nice afternoon airing out. I still need to adjust the wall decor (see the blank wall reflected in the mirror & the pictures partially covered by the mirror?), but that's something I need to think about a little longer.


On Sunday we drove down to Torrington to go to the quilt show. There were only a handful of vendors, but there was some pretty cool stuff there. One of the shops (located in the Black Hills) carries a lot of Australian Aborigine fabrics. I got these great fat quarters which I hope to be able to part with & swap at the Sewing Summit. I also got a fun new bag pattern. I plan to use the FQ in the upper right, which has lots of interesting Australian creatures on it, as the main fabric.


Like I previously mentioned I love the glow that the sunrises & sunsets create on the late summer/early fall prairie. Here's one of the ranch's windmills.


September sunset.


I love the shine of the sun on the water tank. This is definitely my favorite shot of the week.

Thanks for visiting!

The link will be open through tomorrow so please feel free to link up anytime between now & tomorrow night.



2 comments:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Gosh I love the view... Love the privacy of country living.

Anonymous said...

That prairie is sooooo beautiful!
You are so reminding me of "Little house on the Prairie" - one of my favourite all time book series' right now! :) :)