16 September 2011

Sunday Brunch

The other day I was looking through the freezer trying to free up some tupperware & I came across some blueberries I had frozen last year. I think they were supposed to be used in smoothies, but since we rarely have milk I don't drink smoothies very often. After thinking for a minute on what I could use them in, I decided to make a blueberry sauce. I've made cranberry sauce for holidays so I figured it couldn't be very difficult.

So I pulled them out of the freezer & left them to defrost for a couple hours.



I added enough water to cover the berries. Then the sugar. I used probably about 2 Tbsp.


Then I brought it to a boil.


Stirring often.


The blueberries didn't pop open like cranberries do so I mushed them up a bit & kept them boiling until it reduced down to a yummy looking sauce.


We ate it over ice cream and it was absolutely delicious!

5 comments:

Selina Marie said...

That looks delicious!

KMServino said...

Sounds great over ice cream. My mom does this with blueberries or strawberries, to put over waffles for breakfast!

Ellie said...

Mmmmm, I've got some blueberries in the fridge I might just make some of that. Looks delicious.

susan said...

that looks so tasty. i have never made a blueberry sauce but i may just have to give it a try soon. im thinking over warm biscuits....lol

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

nice! We put everything on icecream~ cooked rhubarb, cooked saskatoons, cooked crab apples... ahhhhhhhhh ; )

p.s. - if you are on FB, you must come to My Sweet Prairie's page and see what my daughter did to one of my art pieces. !! It involves blueberries.

: )
~Monika