10 September 2011

Pay it Forward: Misfit Style

I'm sure most of you have heard of the concept of paying it forward. Someone does something nice for you and you turn around and do something nice for someone else (without expecting anything in return). In my eyes this kind of giving is the ultimate example of good karma and the Golden Rule. And although I can be selfish at times (who isn't?), I really do try to give from my heart when & what I can.

Which brings us to this fun little game of Pay it Forward. Great name, huh?! :P


Pay It Forward Blog Game

Amanda of Little Treasures by Amanda and Selina of Sew It Up, who never hesitate to jump in and help others, got the effort started. My fellow friends and Misfit Quilters have gotten in on it too and I’m joining in. It's very inspiring to see so many talented people participating!

I know you’d like to play along too, here’s how:

1. I'll make something handmade for the first 3 people who comment to this post. What I make will be a surprise and will arrive to you when you least expect it. Doesn’t everyone love a surprise?

2. I have 365 days to make and deliver it to you. But there’s a little catch, to get a handmade giftie from me, you have to play too! This means you take the pledge to send something handmade to 3 of your blog readers. It doesn’t have to be a quilt, just something handmade! Easy right?

3. In case it wasnt obvious in #2, you have to have a blog.

4. Once you comment here, you have to post about Pay it Forward on your blog and keep it going!

This is one of the easiest commitments you’ll make! You can make anything you want. You have a whole year to make it and send it. Simple! Even if you aren’t one of the first 3 to comment on my post, you can still do something nice for someone else by participating on your own blog. I would love to hear about it!

*Because I signed up for a couple different Pay it Forwards (who wouldn't want to receive a handmade item from the very talented Misfits?) I will be sending a handmade item to the first 7 people that leave a comment. So leave a comment & repost this game on your blog, remember you only need to send to 3 people, and I will contact you for your mailing info soon.

You do not need to be a Misfit to play, but if you'd like to join our Misfit Quilters swaps visit the blog to see what we're all about.

Have fun!

6 comments:

Sharon Pernes said...

Pick me pick me!

Scott at the Blue Nickel said...

I'll take a shot at it!! I have a year to give three things away...I think I can do that!!

Little Creatable said...

I'll bite :D and since some of the Misfits are playing I have too!

janet @LolaPinkFabrics said...

Count us in!

Lisa said...

I would love to play along, but I don't have a blog...but I do love surprising people with homemade goodies! If you change your mind about the rules, you can count me in!

Wandering Threads said...

I'm already doing this but since I've opened mine up to 5 people, Can I be on your list?